MLG has broad-based experience in managing litigation. We understand that litigation can be a distraction to a business and place stress on its staff and operations. In turn, MLG focuses on developing processes for document production and retention. We can work with in-house staff as well as outside counsel in establishing a cost-effective process for litigation management.
MLG has experience in establishing and growing an internal legal department. We can develop a cost effective system of file management, budgeting, budget tracking and staffing. We have the ability to establish a pre-approved network of outside counsel, write outside counsel billing guidelines and work with outside counsel in employing cost-effective litigation strategies. We can also work with accounting departments to establish reserves for litigation.
MLG can manage litigation involving the following issues:
- Business disputes involving contracts and business agreements;
- Recourse resulting from fraudulent activity;
- Theft of trade secrets;
- Non-compete agreements;
- Criminal charges brought by government entities against companies, directors, officers or employees;
- Civil enforcement actions brought by government entities against companies, directors, officers or employees;
- Employment actions alleging discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, breach of contract, whistleblower claims.